Bred Heifer Association Loan Guarantee Program
Click here to Download PDF
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All persons are eligible who are residents of BC, are at least 19 years of age and own/lease a farm in BC. Apply to your local association for a membership.
WHAT IS ELIGIBLE?
- Bred cattle (up to 3rd calvers) bought through an auction market or private sale
- You my also apply for a loan on your own bred heifers/cows (up to 3rd calvers)
- Up to 100% financing available
- Loans cannot be made for feed or facilities
- Year 1 – $50,000.00
- Year 2 – $75,000.00
- Year 3 – $100,000.00
- Year 4+ – $200,000.00
(loan limits are subject to approval by the Association’s Board of Directors)
- A 10% deposit is required for all loans
- Principle Payments over 5 years
- All cattle must be branded with the associations brand
- The interest rate is competitive or better than on an individual basis
- Livestock Mortality Insurance
- The association is controlled by its members
Member may make a cow payment June 1st and will not be required to brand the calves.