Bred Heifer Association Loan Guarantee Program
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All persons are eligible who are residents of BC, are at least 19 years of age and own/lease a farm in BC. Apply to your local association for a membership.
WHAT IS ELIGIBLE?
- Bred cattle (up to 3rd calvers) bought through an auction market or private sale
- You my also apply for a loan on your own bred heifers/cows (up to 3rd calvers)
- Up to 100% financing available
- Loans cannot be made for feed or facilities
- Year 1 – $50,000.00
- Year 2 – $75,000.00
- Year 3 – $100,000.00
- Year 4+ – $200,000.00
(loan limits are subject to approval by the Association’s Board of Directors)
- A 10% deposit is required for all loans
- Principle Payments over 5 years
- All cattle must be branded with the associations brand
- The interest rate is competitive or better than on an individual basis
- Livestock Mortality Insurance
- The association is controlled by its members
Member may make a cow payment June 1st and will not be required to brand the calves.